Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time with Him

I remember that place where I felt completely alone…that place in my heart devoid of love and hope…that place that seemed so displaced from anything Godly. I remember thinking I wasn’t a bad person, I just wanted what I wanted. In my mind it was okay to do “this” because I had been hurt and thought I deserved “better”. I lived my life according to my idea of right and wrong, instead of abiding in the presence of the Lord and letting Him live in me.

Spending time with the Lord opens the heart, and frees the mind from bonds we didn’t even know had us bound. By spending time I mean: reading the Word, praying, listening, soul searching in the presence of the Lord, turning off the TV, shutting down the computer, putting the cell on silent, and setting aside TIME with no interruptions or distractions, focused on Jesus!

You don’t have to be a certain age, of any particular denomination, or even have a laid out study plan…you just need time, a Bible & a quiet place. When you find yourself in His presence…revel in His love, and rest there awhile…Please, let me know how it goes!

John 15: 1-14

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%2015:1-14&version=31

No comments:

Post a Comment